Friday, May 20, 2011

On maps and such


If you don't know where you are going any road will get you there - Lewis Carroll

Last night the hubs had a performance about 2 hours from home, pupster and I decided to join him :-) I stayed and listened through the first 3/4 of his show but then decided the field across the street was calling my name and I NEEDED a walk. Pups and I walked and jogged around the field until it got dark.

It was great! I got tons of thinking done and the conclusion that I came to was a little bit like this - I don't think I'm as upset about leaving this house as I thought I was I think I'm more upset about not knowing where I'm going... You know?

But the quote above is true whatever road I take will lead me to where I need to be. I don't need a gps for this journey!

A fun story - I have a (soon to be 18 year old) niece and when she was three she drew me this picture on a piece of cardboard and the center was a house and after that was tons of what I assumed were scribbles... Turns out they were roads and this was her map and when she gave it to me I asked her where the map was going to take me. Her 3 year old reply? "if you follow it long enough it will take you anywhere you want to go" she's right so I'm gonna follow my map and see where we stop -- and come to think of it, I think when we do stop I'll frame and hang that map!

+++are you happy where you physically are? If not have you considered moving?+++

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner