Thursday, May 26, 2011

Find it in the woods


A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

I took yesterday off from blogging and from most house related stuff (other than 1 trip to the storage unit and a walmart stop to buy an air mattress for staging a room) because it was pupsters birthday!

I spent the morning walking in the woods with him. That's where he found this itty bitty little turtle! This thing was seriously the size of a quarter - I must admit I kind of wanted to take it home with me...

Then we dropped daddy off at work and I bought him a birthday cake ice cream! And then a little later I bought him a burger from mcdonald's. A little cuddling (ohhh and finding the title 5 - I guess I did do some house stuff) and off we went to get his two year old pictures taken (OMG cute - Delia at picture people in Burlington is amazing) where he had a cupcake for one of the pictures!

Then we had to go pick up daddy at work and we were 1/2 an hour early so we went on another woods walk and THAT is where the post's title comes from...

How is it that I can use food as a way to show love to pupster whom I literally love more than life when if any of the things I bought him were handed to me I would look at them with loathing and all but run away? Where does my double standard come from?

I guess it's something to ponder on my next walk in the woods

+++where do you do your best thinking?+++

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner