Tuesday, April 19, 2011

30 day challenge question 5

"a time you thought about ending your own life"

Wow! What an uncheery topic first thing in the morning!

I guess when I most thought about ending my own life (and when I tried) was when I was 12. You know how those are some of the hardest years of your life?

Well I just didn't deal with them
As well as many people do.
Both of my grandfathers (whom I adored equally and differently) were ill and dying (one died that year the other the next) and the thought of so many changes in my life and living without them was more than I could handle.

Fortunately I failed, and was put (kicking and screaming) into a hospital but it worked for me and I think I'm a little more compassionate for having gone through the experience!

+++have you ever thought of ending your life+++

2 comments:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are in a better place.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoy the guacamole!

Laura said...

Thank you for this honest post.

I tried when I was in college. Since then I've not considered it seriously.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner