Monday, November 07, 2011

Why I make gifts

This morning I woke up bright and early to do some more on a Christmas present I'm making for my sister. It's a neck warmer and it's made on my trusty knifty knitter. My sister is a proficient knitter, crotcheter, sewer, and scrapbooker so she could easily make one as beautiful as this in probably half the time.

So why am I making it? Easy, because as I sat here counting stitches I *almost* sat here having a conversation with her. As I make gifts I tend to reflect on good times I've had with the person and wishes I have for them. I think (and hope) that my loving thoughts pull through on their presents.

And really, a morning with my sister was a great way to wake up!

+++do you make any presents? If so, why? And do you like getting home made gifts?+++

1 comment:

Laura said...

have you seen this book? http://www.amazon.com/Making-Radical-Home-Post-Consumer-World/dp/1605294624?ie=UTF8&tag=homegrrevolu-20&link_code=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner