Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A different time a different place

So last night (as most nights) I woke up in the middle of the night. But this time when I woke up I heard the trickle of rain drops falling off the roof. And it occurred to me that I'm no longer afraid of the rain.

In my old house rain would scare me (deep snow too - that hasn't been tested here yet) I was certain that the roof would leak or cave in. I *think* this came from the house burning down once and seeing the flames come through the roof.

In the new house (how long is it the new house for?) I don't have those associations. For as much as I complain and dislike how much smaller this house is - its a safe haven. There are no bad memories (yet, I'm not foolish enough to believe non will happen) and there are no fears...

So i peacefully listened to the rain and allowed it to lull me back to sleep
It really is a different time and place

+++have you ever moved and had it change your outlook?+++

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner