Monday, January 21, 2013

A celebration idea

Today is:
Martin Luther king day
It is also Inauguration Day 2013!

I can think of no better way to mark the occasion (whether you are celebrating or mourning) than to thank our veterans. So today as I watch the inauguration I will be writing valentines for vets. This is one of my favorite "volunteer" opportunities each year. I buy cute valentines (this years are the muppets! And I write them out.
I'll write tos like:
America's soldier
A very brave person
An American hero
My favorite soldier
A great American
A special soldier
Etc (I try to make as many different as possible)

And then I sign them with my first name and a little message like:
Your service mattered
Thank you
Thank you for risking you life for my freedom
Because of soldiers like you we are free
You're great
You are treasured for your service
Etc!

This is a really easy thing to do, so join me!
Here's a little info to find where to give them (or mail them)
Valentine's for veterans



1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I'm happy to join you in this. What a beautiful thing to do, and thanks for sharing the address.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner