Saturday, August 04, 2012

Woohoo it's Friday fill in time

I woke up positively giddy this morning! I'm not sure why - maybe the bounty from my garden last night(seriously look at how many tomatoes - and yes that is corn!) my new mug(note the beautiful pearl) or that the terror dog is leaving today... Yup probably that but still a great day :-)

Courtesy of http://fridayfillins.blogspot.com/2012/08/and.html

1. Well, ok, maybe I AM SLIGHTLY NEUROTIC ABOUT A CLEAN HOUSE
2. BUT HAVING IT MESSY STRESSES ME OUT AND that's NOT a stretch!
3. When I'm making GOOD DECISIONS I FEEL BETTER BODY MIND AND SOUL
4. I WISH I WERE a bit healthier.
5. And frankly, I COULD BE IF I WORKED HARDER AT IT.
6. YOUR PAST root of all evil. But NOBODY NEEDS TO LIVE IN THE PAST
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to WATCHING THE OLYMPICS tomorrow my plans include GO TO YOGA, PLAY WITH SOME KITTIES AND GET RID OF THE DOG and Sunday, I want to WALK WITH A FRIEND OF MINE WHO TEXTED ME JUST THE RIGHT MESSAGE AT THE RIGHT TIME YESTERDAY :-)

So I know I normally just do the fill in and have no other commentary but I have a leeeetle story to share.
About half a mile from my house there's a cute little corner store (named... The corner store) they are a 7 11 esque place but they also offer subs and ice cream and pizza. So the other day the poodle and I walked down to get him an ice cream (vanilla soft serve with carrot and bacon "sprinkles") and while I was waiting in line there was 2 older men (mid 59s I'd guess) laughing and having a great time as they order 2 steak and cheese subs and a pizza. They were happy and glee filled and it was contagious. Soon they were pulling me in on their stroll down memory lane and THAT is when I looked at them. One of the guys had on a hospital bracelet and still had the EKG stickers on his chest. I couldn't help but wonder if his steak and cheese and pepperoni pizza order is what caused him to need an EKG. It was none of my business so I just smiled and listened to that one time they downed a 30 pack on a dare.... It got me to thinking though, what does it take to get us to take our health seriously?
I have family who leaves there room at the hospital to have a cigarette (wtf)
And I myself have purged leaving an appointment with my nutritionist (again wtf)
We all need to be grateful for each minute and do all that we can to extend the minutes.

+++are you guilty of not taking care of yourself? What are you doing this weekend to take of you?+++

1 comment:

Biz said...

Yep - when Tony was in the hospital I couldn't believe how many NURSES AND DOCTORS were at the entrance smoking!

So crazy.

Glad you joined my challenge Joy! :D Hugs!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner