Sunday, November 07, 2010

My macaroon Monday

Well it certainly isn't a macaroon but it is something I have wanted to create for a while but didn't know how. Julie, Evan, and Heather's fun macaroon Monday http://www.hangrypants.com/2010/10/macaroon-monday/ gave me the impetus I needed to create a warm fruit soup...

In the summer I am all about the homemade Popsicle but come cooler weather I only want soups. Even fruit is not appealing so I have long thought a warmed fruit soup would be delish but all the recipes I saw just weren't for me.

Yesterday I made my own!
To recreate you need:
32 ounces of apple juice (I used light)
1 1/2 cup sliced peaches (I used half a bag of frozen)
1/4 cup sweetener (I used splenda)
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 cup coconut milk (I used trader joes light)

Place all ingredients in a small crockpot for 8-10 hours and then immersion blend. For the hubster I portioned out a cup and added in 1/4 cup old fashioned oats (uncooked) and let set for 5 minutes so there was a little bite to it. For me I drank it plain. It was SO GOOD! trust me you want this in your rotation!

1 comment:

HangryPants said...

How creative!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner