Thursday, October 07, 2010

Savory scones!

Tonight I decided to make hubster a turkey dinner (full disclosure here it's an on-Cor family meal - I don't eat meat I am not doing whatever it is you do to a bird) and in the side I roasted some carrots in a splash of coconut oil (I get the obsessions now) and then I thought to myself "self hubster needs a bread to go with this" and since there wasn't time for the bread machine to do it's magic I figured I would make scones (I thought that sounded prettier than biscuits) and I looked online but I didn't have cheese or baking powder so... I made up my own from a few I found!

2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon powdered buttermilk
7 tablespoons of butter
~1/2 cup salsa (I had made it a couple nights ago)
1 egg

Mix flour through salt. Mix in butter (I used a fork most recipes suggested your fingers). Set aside.
In a separate bowl mix buttermilk egg and salsa and pour into butter mixture.
Combine.
Make a round shape and score into however many pieces you want this to be. I made 8. Cook at 400* until golden brown ~ 22 minutes!

Enjoy hubster sure is!

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner