Thursday, July 12, 2012

Apparently everything grows

I live in the town I grew up in. Often that's boring and rather... Claustrophobic.
But
But
But
Occasionally it's cool to see "my town" grow up.
Case in point - I am babysitting my nephews for a few days, I am not a great kid person (aka I have no clue what to do with them). I like right near the lake (hence the over abundance of lake pictures on instagram) so I decided to take them to the beach. Now, going to the lake for me isn't uncommon but going to the overcrowded, pay if you don't live within I certain radius (I live within it), lifeguarded, ultra-ruled (wtf no floaties) part is new - in general I prefer to go to the quieter area and be on my own (often with the poodle) so imagine my shock when the beach I grew up going to (and walk/drive by a million times a day) was all different!

Groomed beach
Volleyball net
Gorgeous little park
Place to rent boats
And a really nice bath house.

This same lake when I grew up:
Lake
Rocky beach
NASTY bathroom

Yup everything grows older and sometimes they grow nicer!
Good job little town, good job!

+++do you still live in your childhood town? If not do you go back? Has it grown up at all?+++

PS - my poodle rocks! He lets himself be walked by a 3 year old <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! My childhood town looks sooo different now! I went back two years ago, after being away for maybe 6 or 7 years and it felt SO STRANGE! everything felt small, but everything was built up and nicer as well!

love the pics! :D

happy week to you, Joy!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner