Friday, November 09, 2012

Friday fill ins

As always this is the brain child of Janet at Friday fill-ins

1. One time, I met a cute little poodle, fell in love and made him my own (seriously how cute was he as a baby?)
2. making things for people (see what hubs and i are doing sunday) is something that makes me smile.
3. Seven words I love: assuming this just means the word and not the meaning (because I'm not sure I know all the meanings)
1.Prestidigitation - (thank you spellcheck for that) I love this word because it reminds me of my niece when she was a wee one (either 3 or 4) and we were at the Easter table and she piped up with "does everyone know what prestidigitation is? Because I do"
2.Life - because it was the first word another niece read (and she read it with me and I cried & decided that kindergarten teachers have the best jobs)
3.namaste - because simply saying it brings me to a calmness
4.poodle - because well poodles are smiles with 4 legs
5.juxtapose - I am not sure I know what this means (I think it means to flip but I'm not sure) but I like the sound of it!
6.flip flop - this one came to me as I wrote flip up above. I like it because its either the shoes OR the description
7.fathom - I can't FATHOM why I like this word but I do


4. we had our first snow; the poodle was thrilled me? Notsomuch.
5. I looked out the window today and saw I'm answering for yesterday since its 1:30 am (thanks insomnia) snow on the ground and rain coming down and I realized spray painting cans would be difficult or impossible
6. my legs feel like jelly from my workout today (I took spin, tabata and yoga) and that's saying something! because I rarely have after workout fatigue (which always makes me think I don't work hard enough)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to an early night in (do I EVER do anything on Friday nights?), tomorrow my plans include I have a trx class at 6:45, then hubs and i are headed to his first EVER race (and my first obstacle race) Click here to see I'm hella scared and in the afternoon i am picking someone up at the airport! and Sunday, I want to hubs and I (and the poodle) have been working on a tree to donate to charity (click) - our "tree" is made of 133 cans (thanks poodle for eating a lot of "squishies" aka wet food) painted to look like the pigs of angry birds with 2 dozen tennis balls painted to look like the birds! We have been working on this for almost a year and I'm looking forward to setting it up and donating it! I'll post a pic when it's done!

What are your weekend plans? Have you ever done a "mud run" warrior dash or whatever it's called?

3 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Good Heavens, that Rebel Race looks challenging! And, I love poodles, too. We had a toy poodle named Jazzie. He lived almost 13 years, and I still miss the sweet,little guy.

It took awhile but I tracked down your blog to send a howdy. I enjoyed reading here, and will be back. Hugs and nest wishes to you Joy!

**** April **** said...

I love your word choices!! Clever! I'm a wordie so ...that was fun!

You can find my Friday Fill-Ins here

The Liebers said...

How did the run go? I have friends that have participated in similar things, but I've never done one. I'm not sure I could run ever--even if someone was chasing me!! lol
Hope you had a relaxing weekend. You can visit me here: http://theliebers.blogspot.com

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner