Saturday, August 14, 2010

I baked!!!

I often tell people I don't cook.
Which isn't entirely true nor is it entirely a lie.

I cook in the crockpot fairly frequently...Even if the hubster hates having crockpot amounts of food just for him.

I bake when the feeling hits.
The thing is I do NOT cook on demand not ever!

But a friend was having a week where he was tired and working a lot of hours so I htought it would be nice to make him some beer cookies and after a quick google search I came up with these
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1710,153185-227200,00.html

So I followed the directions and ended up with something resembling pancake batter.
There was no way that they were going to be able to be shaped and fried (or baked in my case) so I decided to tweek the recipe
I used
3 cups AP flour
2 tablespoons of wheat germ
2 tablespoons of canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 can coors light
1 teaspoon baking powder
(just seeing now they were supposed to have eggs ooopsy)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder

combine all ingredients except for the cocoa, pour half of mixture into a greased 9x13 pan (I use mazola cooking spray. into other half of mixture add cocoa and stir. then drop the cocoa batter in drops on the plain batter and swirl to make a marble loaf. bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes (when it springs back to touch)
cut into small squares and dust with powdered sugar. They are sort of similar to a scone in texture

I am told these are the best thing i have ever made...

I actually have been doing a bit of baking lately so I will have a couple more recipes coming up for you

Question:
Do you bake? If yes do you bake more in the fall or summer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty much a pro when it comes to modifying recipes. Haven't cooked in a VERY long time, but I can make a fatty cake into a lean, mean masterpiece.
Cool blog. I found it while searching for "ednos". I just started a blog for myself. No followers yet. http://mybandwworld.blogspot.com/
Do you have an "about me" (about you) tab? I couldn't seem to find it on your blog page.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner