Monday, December 05, 2011

Who are you???

In the last few days I've had a couple different "who are you" moments...

1 was when a friend invited me over to help her decorate for Christmas.

Her home was so simply and elegantly decorated (I mean think Martha Stewart here). Now we've been friends for years so I knew it would be but it never ceases to amaze me because she is so not Martha in her day to day life. This got me thinking about my own decor. My Christmas decorations are very cute... Things that make me smile and are inexpensive enough that I can replace them if I needed to (other than the "ornament of the year" for hubster and I). Nothing screams JOY to me! But what does? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it isn't something you can buy. I'm big on tradition - I would be sad if we didn't do stockings, I'd be sad if we didn't do a Christmas photo card, I'd be sad if I didn't get pajamas on Christmas eve, I've been sad the years I've missed Christmas eve service... To me those are Christmas - not the wreaths, or the plastic people out front, or the tree...

-------------------------------------------

Another instance of who am I came when a friend called me after seeing breaking dawn. She called to discuss how Bella looked at a certain point in the movie and I had seen thinness and light and beauty and my friend saw me and my death and said she'd had to leave the theater to compose herself. And although I felt a fleeting guilt I also felt pride that MAYBE I was getting to a weight where going out was okay and people wouldn't "see" me...

And it occurred to me again, who am I? Who is this person who hears her friend cry and thinks "almost there Joy, almost there"?

A thought to ponder!

+++so, how do you decorate?+++

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner